We're here to answer any questions you may have. This page is a good place to start. However, if you can't find what you're looking for, please reach out to email@example.com.
- The first time you burn your candle, allow the candle to burn for at least two hours, or long enough to for wax to melt fully across width of candle (for some scents, you may not get a full melt pool on first burn. Depending on the fragrance oil, it may take a few burns for the wax to fully melt across - this can be normal for coconut wax).
- No need to trim the wick prior to first burning. DO trim the wick 1/4 inch after first burn. Remove any wick debris.
- To avoid smoke or wax spraying, it's best to use a wick snuffer or a metal item (such as tweezers) to dip the wick into the melted wax and gently draw it back up.
- Once there is about 1/2 inch of wax left at the bottom, you're candle has lived it's life! Burning it further can pose a fire risk. Remove the remaining wick (adhered with a sticker) and remove wax.
- Do not store candle in direct UV sunlight. This can discolor the wax.
- Only burn candle on a level, and fire resistant surface.
- Keep candle away from direct drafts.
- Keep candle away from children and pets (and careless people!)
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not attempt to touch glass after burning as glass is hot.
Recycle, Re-use, Re-Purpose:
- Recycle packing material including boxes. The peanuts are 100% biodegradable - add them to your compost! The bubble wrap is 100% biodegradable. You can throw in garbage and over time, it will naturally decompose in a landfill.
- Re-purpose your jar. The ideas for re-using your jar are endless from a drinking glass to storing special items. Once your candle has burned down to about a 1/2 of wax - you can scoop out excess wax. Peel off the label and use a paper towel to remove as much wax as possible. You can then clean by hand with warm, soapy water or run jar through a dishwasher.
A note on Fragrance Oils:
Beyond the wax and wicks used in candles, fragrance oils make up a large competent of your candle. And, rightly so, you should be aware and concerned about the oils used in the candles you buy and how they can potentially affect your health. Although it would be lovely to use 100% essential oils, the fact of the matter is when used in candles, the hot throw (the scent you get when a candle is lit) can be very minimal or non-existent. Furthermore, certain essential oils can be toxic when burned and not recommended (for safely and health reason) around pets.
The oils that many candle manufacturers use today are phthalate free and infused with some pure essential oils, as well as some synthetic blends. FYI - phthalates are a dangerous chemical that is used in many products from cosmetics to medical tubing to detergents - and even some foods!
You can rest assured that the fragrance oils used in all AHCC candles are 100% phthalate free. Most of the scents are derived from naturally occurring compounds such as citrus, floral & woodsy.
Now you know!